- Avalanche, Outdoor Emergency Care and How to Train instruction are what I do for a living. This is my total focus.
- Cumulative 28 years of both volunteer and professional ski patrol experience in New England, Colorado, Alaska and the Pacific Northwest.
- Two years as Director of the Army Mountaineering School in Alaska
- Outdoor Emergency Care (OEC), Mountaineering and Avalanche instructor for the National Ski Patrol (NSP) over the past 18 years.
- Chairman of the National Avalanche Committee, responsible for setting course curriculums and standards for NSP courses worldwide.
- National Avalanche Program Director for the NSP
- Currently the OEC Instructor Trainer and contract supervisor for professional and volunteer ski patrols in Alberta and British Columbia.
- Professional member of the American Avalanche Association (AAA)
- Member AAA Education Committee
- Graduate of Phases I and II of the National Avalanche School, the Alaska Mountain Safety Center Course, the NSP Basic and Advanced Avalanche courses, the NSP Phase I and II Effective Training Course and the Army Mountaineering Instructor Course winter and summer phases.